WARWICK, R.I. — This time next week, RI fireworks will be back as Ocean Staters celebrate the 2022 Fourth of July — here are the Warwick Fireworks details and statewide schedules:
Warwick fireworks are set for Sunday night, July 3, and can be viewed at dusk (approximately 9 p.m.), lasting about 30 minutes, from the Oakland Beach seawall or Warwick City Park. So far, the weather forecast is for partly sunny skies with 80 degree temps, and a 40 percent chance of rain. Rain date is Monday.
The Department of Tourism, Culture and Development’s Facebook and Twitter accounts will also have updates.
If that doesn’t float your boat, there are literally enough fireworks in Rhode island this week for you to view two every day of the holiday weekend with careful planning and luck.
Here is our usual roundup on the details of all the state’s fireworks displays. (Let us know if we missed any – the team may be out of practice after the lasts few years).
Fireworks in Rhode Island 2022
Friday, July 1, 2022:
- The Town of Smithfield, Bryant University and the Smithfield All Lit Up Committee invite Smithfield residents for an Independence Day Celebration including fireworks, food trucks and music!
- Lawnchairs and blankets are encouraged. Do not bring personal fireworks, drones, pets or alcoholic beverages.
- Food trucks arrive at 4 p.m.
- Steve Anthony and The Persuasions perform at 6 p.m.
- Smithfield fireworks begin at dark.
Saturday, July 2, 2022:
- Rain date:July 15.
Charlestown fireworks, July 2, dusk/9p.m.,
Sunday, July 3, 2022:
- 6 – 9 p.m.: Entertainment featuring “Reminisce”
- 6 – 9 p.m.: Food Court
- 9 p.m. : Fireworks Display
- Rain Date: Tuesday, July 5
Rain Date: Monday
The Independence Day display will be shot from Oakland Beach at dusk and last approximately 40 minutes.
Due to the volume of traffic expected at the seawall, spectators are also advised to expect heavy delays on Oakland Beach Avenue and to seek alternate routes to the seawall area, such as Sea View Drive or Pequot Avenue.
The fireworks can also be viewed from City Park, which offers fantastic, unobstructed views of the display along the shoreline.
After the fireworks on July 4 is Bristol’s Traditional Fourth of July Parade.
Fireworks begin after dark
Monday, July 4, 2022:
- Parking at the Inn is limited to registered guests & their families.
- There will be traffic delays in the area. There will also be delays near the Mount Hope Bridge.
- Be courteous and consider finding a different vantage spot if Middle Road is clogged with cars.
Tuesday, July 5, 2022:
- Gate opens at 6 p.m.
- No coolers or pets
- Marc Dennis
- Brendan Rush and Bella Hannah
- Full Circle Duo
- The Stone Leaf
- Arlindo Andrade
- Manuel Brandao
- Andrea Vargas
This is a test