WARWICK, RI — There are two days left to register to run in The Central Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce‘s annual Rocky Point 5K Saturday at 10 a.m., the charity fundraising run along Narragansett Bay through Rocky Point Park, which will benefit the Girl Scouts of Southeastern New England and the American Cancer Society in Rhode Island this year.
Runners have complimented the race for its beautiful scenes and challenging hills. The race draws about 500 runners each year.
Runners and walkers of all ages are welcome. USA Track and Field Association (USATF) prohibits the use of in-line skates, baby joggers, strollers, dogs on leashes, bicycles or headsets in road races. Athletes who do not comply subject themselves to possible disqualification.
Race-Day Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., with the race starting at 10 a.m. The Registration fee is $35 per person. You can also register online. Pre-registered participants may pick up their Race Number/Chip Friday, May 18, from 5 to 7 p.m. at Warwick Neck Elementary School, 155 Rocky Point Ave.
Donations from the proceeds will also be made to the Rocky Point Foundation and Warwick Neck Elementary School.
- Start on Rocky Point Ave turn right onto Warwick Neck Ave
- Right onto Channing Street
- Left onto Young Ave
- Travel the Meadow View Ave Bike/Walking Path
- Right onto Palmer Ave
- Left onto Brinton Ave
- Right onto Camp St
- Left onto Ogden Ave
- Left onto Cliff Rd
- Stay on Cliff Rd – turns into Pyle Ln
- Left onto Priscilla Ave
- Turns into Alden Ave
- Turn right onto Burnett Rd
- Turn Right on Priscilla Ave, almost immediately turn Left onto Burnett Road
- Stay on Burnett Rd turns into Rocky Beach Road
- Turns into Nest Ave and leads onto Rocky Point Walking Path
- Continue through Rocky Point Park on the Walking Path
- Straight up Rocky Point Ave to the Finish Line