Warwick, RI – This week the RIDOT’s $29.9 million Apponaug Circulator Project starts work on the westbound side of Centerville Road from Toll Gate Road to Warwick Executive Park.
Work began on Toll Gate Road Sunday night and will progress down Centerville Road westbound. One lane will be closed Sunday-Thursday nights at 7 p.m., opening again at 6 a.m. each following day, according to a release from the state transportation agency.
Lane shifts will be implemented on Toll Gate Road, and crews will work to remove curbs and pavement, taking the road down to gravel before the road is resurfaced, work on which is expected to begin Thursday night.
Also, one lane will be closed on Route 1 (Post Road) North, from Centerville Road to West Shore Road, Monday-Thursday nights starting at 9 p.m., with the road opening to two lanes again at 6 a.m. each following day.
The lane closure will allow crews to install service pipe for the new water main along Post Road, already installed. Once the service pipe is finished, the new system will be pressure tested and sterilized, RIDOT reports.
Also this week:
Route 1 (Post Road), from West Shore Road to Veterans Memorial Drive: Two lanes closed weekdays from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. New traffic islands at West Shore Road will be built and filled with plantable soil.
Post Road Extension: One lane will be closed weekdays from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. As crews work on drainage, excavation, and highway lighting on Rte. 1 (Veterans Memorial Drive) South, from Route 1 at the Post Road Extension to Rte. 5 (Greenwich Avenue.)
Meadow Street and Gilbane Street: One lane will be closed weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. As crews complete the fire hydrant relocation at Toll Gate Road and continue to install the new traffic signal system at Diamond Hill Road.
Rte. 5 (Greenwich Avenue), from Veterans Memorial Drive to Centerville Road: One lane closed from Veterans Memorial Drive to Centerville Road weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for utility pole installation along Rte. 5
At the former mill site, crews will continue the installation of a new drainage system, and the construction of the new Apponaug River upper dam structure and the new modular retaining wall.
Mayor Scott Avedisian’s office also released an update on the RIDOT’s work from last week. Oct. 19- Oct. 24:
Post Road – West Shore Road to Veterans Memorial Drive:
• Adjust Utility manhole and drainage frame & covers.
• Continue installation of new highway lighting.
• Install curbing for new roundabout islands.
Veterans Memorial Drive –Post Road to Greenwich Ave.:
• Continued reconstruction of new Post Road Airport Extension: Pavement widening, Paving & Highway Lighting, drainage installation.
Greenwich Avenue – Veterans Memorial to Centerville / Post Rd:
• Kettle Street was permanently closed to thru traffic on August 24th. Motorists must use Tollgate Road / Gilbert Street to access Tanner Avenue and Warwick F.O.P.
• NG Electric Company installed new utility poles along Greenwich Avenue, in preparation for installation of new overhead wires.
Post Road (Village) – Centerville Road Intersection:
• Continued Night Time operations for new KCWA Water System: Completed water service pipe installation. Start pressure testing and chlorinating.
• Water Main System installation is approximately 80% Complete.
Centerville Road – Diamond Hill Road to Tollgate Road:
• Roadway widening Operations started at Night: Tollgate Road pavement structure was removed, in preparation for paving operations and new traffic pattern.
Veterans Memorial Drive Extension (Former Mill Site):
• Continued excavation/embankment operations for new roadway.
• Continued installing new drainage system.
• Continued Construction of Apponaug River Upper Dam Structure.
• Began construction of new precast Modular Retaining Wall.
This is a test