WARWICK, RI — A State trooper arrested three people on weapons charges Thursday after seizing a stolen handgun, armor-piercing bullets and a bulletproof vest during a traffic stop on East Avenue June 21.
According to RI State Police, the suspects were identified as:
- Jerome Joseph, 48, of 30 Auna Drive, Brockton, MA
- Figaro Voguel, 42, of 38 Winslow St., Hyde Park, MA
- Anaika Claudia-Nicole Whyles, 27, of 75 Webber Ave., Lewiston, ME
All three were charged with:
- License or permit required for carrying a pistol
- Possession of a stolen firearm
- Possession of armor-piercing bullets
Joseph also was charged with giving false documents to an agent or public official.
The trio was arrested after a trooper stopped their car on East Avenue in Warwick after seeing it move erratically on I-95 North and on Route 113 in Warwick after exiting the highway.
During the investigation, the trooper recovered a handgun that was previously reported stolen, as well as the illegal ammunition and bulletproof vest.
This is a test