WARWICK, RI — While take-out and delivery are the only options for restaurants and their hungry patrons during the COVID-19 hunker-down, Rhode Islanders are asking where is there take out near me?
WarwickPost.com’s takeout directory can bring restaurants and hungry Rhode Islanders together.
If you’re thinking to yourself, where can I find take out near me? You can answer that on the WarwickPost.com restaurant directory search for take out.
Take out directory features
What’s in it?
We’re updating and improving the take out directory daily. Warwickpost.com has updated its main menu with a take out menu tab. That menu tab drops down to show three categories so far:
The directory currently lists restaurants in Warwick, Pawtuxet Village, and East Greenwich. If you own a restaurant outside those areas, or you’re in them but your restaurant isn’t in our directory, please add your restaurant into the directory.
What information can I find?
- Once you’re on the listing page, mobile or desktop, you can scroll through at least three photos (including menus).
- Each listing has links to the restaurant’s website or social media, the address, and a phone number.
- On desktop, you can click “directions” to get directions to the restaurant.
- On mobile, click the “Waze to it” button and the app will open [if it’s on your phone] and automatically navigate to the restaurant.
- You can see an example of this in action on Kim & Steve’s Masthead Grill page in the WarwickPost.com directory.
Restaurant owners: Claim your listing & add menus
The directory listing service is provided free to restaurant and business owners, but to add your menus and update your page, you’ll need to claim the listing, which you can also do for free [Click on the blue “Is this your listing?” box and fill out the form.] We’ll check the site throughout the day to verify your claim so you can get your take out menus added to your page. Once you have claimed the listing and it’s verified, you can visit the page again, log in, and an edit link will appear in the top right column of your listing.
- Add three photos: The free service was originally offered with one photo in addition to your featured photo. We’ve increased this to three total to give restaurants more opportunity to promote their take-out menus on their free listings.
- Menu dimensions: When adding a menu image, make sure it is 7.4 inches wide, and 5.4 inches tall, at 72 dpi. Not sure how to do that? Email email@example.com for help and we’ll assist.
- Add the take-out tag to your listing. If your listing isn’t marked as a take out spot, you can edit it to add the tag once you’ve claimed the listing.
- Paid option: If you decide to upgrade to a paid listing, we’ll link your facebook account to the page, after which your social media posts will appear in the results in place of your business featured image and also on the page itself. This is not necessary to add your menus and to edit or add your listing.
- Don’t see your restaurant? Add your restaurant for free if it isn’t in the directory.