WARWICK, RI — The City of Warwick has an outdoor New Year’s Eve celebration planned at Rocky Point Friday starting at 4 p.m. with food trucks, fireworks music, activities and giveaways for the kids to enjoy.
- Food Trucks 4-6 p.m. Vendors include: Paco’s Tacos, Presto Strange O coffee, Spanglish gourmet empanadas, and The Hot Potato.
- Festive Music • Activities & Giveaways
- Warwick Public Library StoryWalk
- Tune in to 88.5 FM Radio
- Fireworks begin at 6 p.m., with a 12–15 minute display, presented by Central Maine Pyrotechnics.
New Year’s Weekend Library Hours
- Thursday, Dec 30 Open 9-5, Branches Closed
- Friday, Dec 31 – Sunday, Jan 2 Central & Branches Closed
New Year’s Day Hike in Charlestown
The Department of Environmental Management (DEM) is inviting residents to #WalkInto22 and celebrate the New Year by joining a First Day Hike at Burlingame State Park and Campground, 75 Burlingame State Park Road in Charlestown, on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022, 1-3 p.m.
First Day Hikes are part of a nationwide initiative led by America’s State Parks to encourage people to get outdoors. Last year, nearly 85,000 people rang in the New Year, collectively hiking over 176,366 miles throughout the country on the hikes. This is the sixth such event DEM has hosted.
“DEM is thrilled to ring in the New Year with a First Day Hike at Burlingame State Park and Campground,” said DEM Acting Director Terry Gray. “We invite Rhode Islanders to get out of the house, breathe in the fresh air, and get their hearts pumping after all the holiday celebrations.”
DEM will be offering commemorative 2022 first-day hike pins to participating hikers. For safety, please maintain social distance from other groups who are hiking. DEM advises everyone to follow guidance about COVID-19 from Governor McKee and the Rhode Island Department of Health. More information about COVID-19 precautions can be found here.
This is a test