Warwick, RI — Work continues this week at multiple points of the $29.9 million Apponaug Circulator Project, with a gas main installation and relocation of overhead utility lines among the scheduled projects.
For the week of Sept. 22 to 27, here’s the schedule of planned work for the area:
Post Road – West Shore Road to Veterans Memorial Drive:
* National Grid Gas Company will continue installation of new 8-in. gas main, from West Shore Road to Veterans Memorial Drive.
* Debris removal will be completed at the Former Bank Of America building.
* Cardi Corp. will continue working in a reclaiming area established at the Post Road Extension.
* Installation of new utility poles is anticipated to start within the next two weeks.
* Overhead wire relocation is anticipated to continue, at the intersection of Post Road and West Shore Road.
To get email alerts from the Central RI Chamber of Commerce on the Apponaug Circulator Project, email email@example.com with the subject line: RIDOT Updates
Centerville Road [Rte. 117] – Diamond Hill Road to Tollgate Road:
* National Grid Electric will continue relocation of overhead wires along Tollgate, Meadow & Gilbane.
* National Grid Electric is anticipated to begin installation of new Overhead wires along Centerville Road within the next two weeks.
* Verizon will begin installation and relocation of underground telephone conduit on Gilbane Ave.
* Single lane closures in each direction are planned between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., while crews relocate overhead wires.
Veterans Memorial Drive Extension (Former Mill Site):
* Installation of erosion control devices will continue within the limits of the Mill Site.
Veterans Memorial Drive – Post Road to Greenwich Avenue:
* Removal of the concrete road base, located on the southern half of the roadway, is anticipated to begin this week, mainly during overnight hours.
* As the road base is removed, Kent County Water Authority will install a new water main.
* Construction of a new Verizon cell phone tower will continue behind the Warwick Fire Department.
* One travel lane will be closed during daytime construction activities and three travel lanes will be opened to traffic during daytime construction activities from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
No construction activity is scheduled for Apponaug Village proper, on Post Road from Centerville Road to West Shore Road, or for Greenwich Avenue from Veterans Memorial Drive to Centerville Road, until two-way traffic begins at the intersection of Veterans Memorial Drive and Post Road.
This is a test