Warwick, RI — As 2015 gets underway, the $29.9 million Apponaug Circulator Project continues, with lane closures and traffic delays expected through the project area this week.
Here’s the schedule of planned work for the area for Jan. 5 through 10, 2015, weather permitting, as reported on the City of Warwick Apponaug Bypass web page:
Post Road – West Shore Road to Veterans Memorial Drive:
- Crews will continue installation of a new drainage system along the east side of the roadway, from Lockhart St. to Locust St.
- National Grid Electric will install new utility poles and overhead wires.
- Two travel lanes will be closed during construction activities, from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Centerville Road [Rte. 117] – Diamond Hill Road to Tollgate Road:
- Cox Communications will continue relocation of overhead wires, from Tollgate Road to Diamond Hill Road.
- One travel lane will be closed during daytime activities from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Veterans Memorial Drive Extension (Former Mill Site):
- Removal and disposal of abandoned facilities within the former Mill Site will continue, with no effect on traffic.
This is a test