Warwick’s display is set for Tuesday night, July 3, and can be viewed from the Oakland Beach seawall or Warwick City Park. So far, the weather forecast is for partly cloudy skies and temps ranging from 80 degrees to 60 degrees that night.
The fireworks begin at dusk (approximately 9 p.m.)
In case of inclement weather, residents should call 738-2000 for updates on delays or cancellations. The Department of Tourism, Culture and Development’s Facebook and Twitter accounts will also have updates. The rain date is July 5.
Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced, according to the Central RI Chamber of Commerce’s fireworks web page, which also has a complete list of Rhode Island fireworks shows for the week.
Here are some of the other RI municipal fireworks displays scheduled for this weekend. Check the Central RI Chamber’s fireworks page for nearby displays in Massachusetts and following McCoy Stadium games in Pawtucket.
July 1, 2017:
The 2018 Jamestown Rocket ‘Hogs Independence Day annual fireworks event returns to Jamestown July 1. Music will begin on Memorial Square at 7:30 by “Next Stop” and the Jamestown Community Band. (Please send donation to Rocket ‘Hogs PO BOX 1776 Jamestown, RI 02835)
July 2, 2017:
- Bryant University campus opens to the public at 6 p.m.
- U.S. Navy Band will perform at 8 p.m.
- Lawnchairs and blankets are encouraged. Do not bring personal fireworks, drones, pets or alcoholic beverages.
July 3, 2017:
Rain Date: July 5, 9 p.m.
- Gates open at 6 p.m. for food, concessions, and music by Kicking Hole and Crushed Velvet.
- Vendors: Del’s Lemonade, Sausage King, Kettle Corn, Sarcastic Sweets, What’s the Scoop?
- Food Truck Rally: 5-9:00 p.m.
- Music by Kings Row: 6:30 p.m.
- Entertainment, food court 6 p.m.
July 4, 2017:
- Festivities start mid-day with fun-filled activities taking place on the beach, including Magician Scott Jameson, followed by a free public concert performed by Brass Force at 5 p.m. on the deck of the North Beach Clubhouse.
- Parking at the Inn is limited to registered guests & their families.
- There will be traffic delays in the area. There will also be delays near the Mount Hope Bridge.
- Be courteous and consider finding a different vantage spot if Middle Road is clogged with cars.
Free performances from surprise guests and the Air National Guard Band of the Northeast at 7 p.m., followed at 9:15 by fireworks over the bay.