Posted on Leave a comment

Breaking: Warwick City Hall Evacuated Over Bomb Threat

Warwick City Councilors, from left, Joseph Gallucci, Camille Vella-Wilkinson, President Donna Travis, Kathleen Usler, and Edgar Ladouceur gather outside City Hall following a bomb threat on Monday, April 6.
Warwick City Councilors, from left, Joseph Gallucci, Camille Vella-Wilkinson, President Donna Travis, Kathleen Usler, and Edgar Ladouceur gather outside City Hall following a bomb threat on Monday, April 6.

UPDATE: 10:15 a.m.: Warwick Police Chief Col. Stephen McCartney said this morning a State Police bomb – sniffing dog found nothing of concern after a patrol of City Hall last night. 

McCartney said the investigation into the threat is continuing. He said WPD detectives are reviewing calls to the department to develop a list of possible suspects.  

Warwick, RI — Monday night’s Warwick City Council meeting adjourned abruptly in response to a bomb threat made at about 8:44 p.m.

As school budget officer Anthony Ferrucci was speaking before the council, President Donna Travis interrupted him to order everyone out of the building.

Everyone in City Hall proceeded outside in a calm and orderly fashion, with several police cruisers arriving within minutes.

“They said a bomb threat [had been made],” Travis said in an interview following an improvised continuation of the meeting in the parking lot, long enough for councilors to vote on re-convening Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m.

NOW, CHECK OUT THIS:
RI Trooper Log: DUI, Fugitives From Justice

Police Chief Stephen McCartney said the local department received a call from a male who said that one or two bombs had been planted at City Hall and were due to go off “sometime tonight.”

Follow Warwick Post for updates as they become available.

Rob Borkowski provided the report for this article.

Joe Hutnak
Author: Joe Hutnak

Co-Founder and Editor-at-Large of Warwick Post. For Warwick Post-related inquiries or communications, email editorjoe.warwick@gmail.com